måndag 6 augusti 2012

Intermission 3

Intermission 3: The other two.

As I started going down the stairs to my apartment, I got a chill down my spine.
I pulled out my pistol and stopped for a moment.
Sure enough, I could hear footsteps, but they sounded alive, which in this situation was worse.

I was waiting in the stairway, so that I could see the door to the apartment, it was slightly open, to give that "long since abandoned" feeling.
I could hear someone walking up the stairs right below me.

Sounded like two, one was probably a kid...
Can't be fooled by a cute face, keep your head, if they make a move at you it's either you or them!
They entered the apartment next to mine, after looking around they walked outside again.
As they walked closer to my apartment I got a good look of them, a young woman and a girl.
And just as they were going to open my door I walked down the steps yelling:

"I wouldn't do that if i were you"
They turned around.
"Another person, I was starting to loose hope!"
She walked towards me but stopped when she saw my gun.
"We mean you no harm."
"I'd rather be safe than sorry"
"Under these circumstances I fully understand, but we need help!"
I put down my gun, but I kept my hand on my machete as I walked up to them.
"Carelessly walking about an apartment complex, you need more help than you'd guess."
"What do you mean by that?"
I opened the door to the apartment.
"You see that?"
I pointed to a wire just above the floor.
"That wire leads to a spring loaded machete, trip it and you get cut real good."
"A booby trap!"
"And it almost got you, I'm surprised your still surviving in this fine world of ours!"
She looked at the girl for some seconds.
"Whatever, look, we just need some food, we haven't eaten in over a day."
"And I should share my supplies with you? Why?"
"Please, if we don't get food soon we'll die!"
"If I give you food your just gonna go back outside and get eaten yourself, waste of food."
She looked angry now.
"Think you could do much better?"
"I've survived over a month in this city, I know every backstreet and just where to get supplies..."
"Then teach us!"
That took me off guard.
"You want me to teach you about surviving in Nevergreen?"
"If you know everything it shouldn't be that hard for you, or do you?"
A challenge, or maybe a purpose...
"You know what, you got a deal."
"Huh?"
I guess she didn't really think I would accept.
"You help me scavenge for supplies, I give you food and teach you how to survive."
"Wait, are you serious?"
"Yep."
I grabbed two of the rations I had in my jacket and gave handed them over.
"It doesn't taste to good but it gets the job done, I'm Duke by the way."
"Call me Kerra, this is my little sister Liz."

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar